I read this recently and wanted to share it:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Aware winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of Word Series winners.
NOW answer these questions:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people who you enjoy spending time with.
Which list of questions did you have the most trouble answering? My guess, it was the first list.
What is the point?
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Here is to all of those people on the second list!